Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Easter Swarm

Have you ever seen a swarm of bees? Before this evening we hadn't and yet Glenn still seemed to think it would be a piece of cake to remove a swarm and take it home. He read about it in a book. How difficult could it be?

Rebecca, a fellow SLO County Mommy, emailed me to tell me about another Mommy who had a swarm of bees fly across her yard this afternoon. The bees conveniently landed on a trellis, five feet above the ground.

You would have thought Glenn won the lottery when I told him about the swarm. Glenn has been waiting and waiting for our neighbor's bees to swarm so he could add another hive. Glenn had all of his supplies in the truck in minutes and we headed out to Paso Robles to try to pick up the swarm.

I have to give Glenn credit, he looks like a professional. I think he was made to keep bees!

7 comments:

  1. That was SO AWESOME! I'm really glad you were able to save the bees and the photos/video are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I don't know whether to have a major case of the heebie jeebies or be completely fascinated. I've never seen anything like this in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He made it look soooo easy! Maybe by next season, I'll be ready:-)

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- you go Glenn! Jess, I love your supportive comments in the background- "good luck with that" and "just scrape them off with your hands!" were two of my faves:) Man, I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I'm the most loving and supportive wife. Oh, we miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to add to the supportiveness, nice socks Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it worked! I started picturing the beard of bees like the one on The Simpsons, LOL!
    Angie at LonesomeRoadStudio

    ReplyDelete